Hi guys,

I've been trying to install snow leopard on a pc a built a couple of weeks ago but it's proving difficult. I've tried doing some research about my hardware and using various boot flags but I keep getting a kernel panic with iBoot and frozen apple logo with iBoot legacy (I read iBoot legacy is for AMD systems so I have put that aside completely now).

My build is:
mobo: Asus P8Z77-LX2 (updated to latest bios and patched)
CPU: Intel i7 2800k 3.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti
RAM: Crucial 8192 MB DDR3 PC-3 12800 



What I want to do is be able to dual boot windows 7 and OS X from two different hard drives and have windows 7 as the default OS. I remember doing this a couple of years ago with an AMD system I had but I've literally forgotten everything, and I guess things are different with an intel system anyway. 

I have tried booting with the following bootflags:
Code:
PCIrootUID=1 -x -f -F -v GraphicsEnabler=No
and get the following kernel panic:
Code:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffffff8000548fde): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1604.15.2/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1387
panic pics (sorry for quality):

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps771dfeb8.jpg
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps99967870.jpg

Any help given would be great appreciated. 

Cheers.... source

Post a Comment