Bought a cheap 775 mobo and CPU off eBay and a Xeon 771 and did the 771-775 mod to make it 775. I verified the mod works via bios and Ubuntu.


When trying to install OSX with -v it always hangs at ...zlib succeeded. Can't seem to get any further than that with Niresh Yosem or Mavs. Tried CPUs=1/2/3/4 npci=0x2000/0x3000 graphicsenabler=yes/no and several other combinations, but get stuck at the same spot every time (on both the e8400 that came with the board and the modded x5460) Haven't tried any other distros since I have no optical drive. I've tried a multitude of different bios configs to no avail.


Specs:


Foxconn G33M Xeon x5460 or C2D e8400 (socket 775) 1gbx2 Kingston value ram (mismatched sticks) 60GB SATA drive (small I know, but this is a test) no optical drive. Galaxy GTX 460 768mb (I know this GPU used to be a problem with Fermi chip, but thought it was corrected in ML. 650w PSU (coolmax, shitty brand but it has been a trooper)


Any help you guys could provide would be much appreciated and I'll post any screens necessary.


side note: weird that it only took two tries to boot and install Yosem on my AMD (am3) based system.



submitted by neube

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment