The system I'm working with is

i5-4670 Haswell

16 GB memory

GA-H87-D3H motherboard

Integrated graphics (HD 4600) -> VGA monitor


I was surprised how easy it was to install Snow Leopard but am now running into issues upgrading or otherwise ironing out issues in 10.6.8.


I initially wanted to install Yosemite, but realized there must be an issue using VGA monitors. I'm hoping to upgrade after getting an HDMI -> VGA cable or new monitor.

So for installing Mountain Lion, when I try to boot from the Mountain Lion usb, it looks like it finishes loading all the kexts but immediately reboots to the motherboard splash screen. Is this a kernel issue?


Right now, I'm stuck in 10.6.8 and most things are working. There seems to be a graphics and booting without iBoot problem. I can't boot from my HD from Chimera without the Iboot Haswell disc in... it keeps restarting. Once the disc is there, I can select the HD and it's OK.


List of things not working:

Youtube (audio loads, video doesn't, it's black)

Google Chrome (the whole browser is glitchy, the main window is mostly blank)

Preview (double clicking on a jpg opens a blank window. QE/CI issue?)

Cursor blinks/goes invisible sometimes. Randomly disappears but otherwise works.



submitted by jtn19120

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment