Hi guys,

So I've tried to setup a dual boot machine twice and it didn't work out. Would like to hear your inputs on how I can get this done as I cant figure out what's wrong.

First attempt: http://ift.tt/1OFFWiG - was as per the post I made here.

Installed Nvidia web drivers & Unibeast drivers everything as expected was working(audio,networking, graphics). Things like trim enabling i had not attempted yet. Got imessage working but couldnt boot to Windows from clover, only if i chose 'Windows Boot Manager from BIOS' Then I got a suggestion to disable the iGPU which I did and yes I was able to boot to Windows from Clover. But then my El Cap installation broke.

2nd Attempt:

Reinstalled everything using the same TonyMac method. Installed drivers for nvidia and basics and setup imessage. Did a couple of restarts , everything was fine. Plugged back in my Windows SSD and HDD and back to the same issue.

Both attempts stop at the infamous missing bluetooth controller message. Also i see messages like the windows drive cant be mounted and when i log in to windows my time is haywire and i have to restart the time service - no idea if its related.

Things i tired: Safe mode, nv_disable = 1

Need some help on how to move forward with this, should I be exploring the rampagedev method? From what I see parts my PC should be quite straight forward.

My parts: PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

TypeItemPrice
CPUIntel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor$227.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X 82.9 CFM CPU Cooler-
MotherboardGigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard$154.99 @ Micro Center
MemoryG.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory$39.99 @ NCIX US
StorageSamsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive$84.88 @ OutletPC
StorageSamsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive$84.88 @ OutletPC
StorageWestern Digital Blue 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive$55.90 @ Amazon
Video CardGigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card$203.98 @ Newegg
Power SupplySeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply$78.99 @ SuperBiiz
Optical DriveSamsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer$21.55 @ OutletPC
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)$130.65 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates)$1123.80
Mail-in rebates-$40.00
Total$1083.80
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-10 09:21 EST-0500
submitted by iradical88
[link] [comment]

Post a Comment