I'm preparing to purchase the parts for my new build, and I wanted to do one final check that everything here is compatible.

TypeItem
CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU CoolerSilverstone TD03-E 92.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Owned
MotherboardGigabyte GA-Z97-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
MemoryKingston Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage (windows)Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Owned
Storage (primary)Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
StorageSeagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video CardMSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card
CaseNZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case Owned
Power SupplySilverstone Strider Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Owned
Wireless Network AdapterApple BCM943602CS WIFI/BT Adapter

This will be with El Capitan 10.11.3. Also, I plan to use Clover as my bootloader. I assume for this build I'd need to set it as iMac 15,1? Also, can I inject kexts, rather than sticking them on and making upgrades awkward? I'll be using FakeSMC, as well as anything that you say in the comments!

Does anyone reccomend any different hardware, or tweaks? And how can I get iMessage to work, and keep working over upgrades?

submitted by /u/furzewolf
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment