I built a hackintosh today.

  • Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PLUS
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 660
  • RAM 32GB 1333 MHz various makes

The issue I have is that USB 3.0 ports don't seem to recognise my buffalo 4TB drive. It doesn't show up at all in System Report or Disk Utility. I tried 2 different ports on my machine as well.

I have a USB 3.0 2.5 inch adapter thing which is recognised and shows a drive (1 partition NTFS) but Disk Utility spins forever and won't list any drives when its plugged in. With a HFS+ drive it works without issues. It's worth noting that the same NTFS drive does not work with a USB 2.0 2.5" adapter so it could very well be an issue with that drive or NTFS drives in general.

USB 2.0 drives work no problem. I'm using Multibeast and installed the Realtek ethernet, ALC887 and thats it. UEFI boot. I tried previously as well with the USB 3.0 kexts in unibeast but they didn't seem to help.

Any idea what I can try?

EDIT: While doing the tests for this post I decided to try the USB 3.0 2.5" adapter in the back ports, and it did not work except for the top 2 ports. So I decided to try the 4TB drive in the top port and it worked! I will leave this post here for anyone else who comes along an issue like this one: try drives in ALL ports before posting!

submitted by /u/Linkandzelda
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment