I finally got around to trying my hand at installing El Capitan on my desktop. I've had my Macbook for a couple months now and honestly like OS X more than Windows for day to day use. The only problem is I'm a COMPLETE beginner at this (and as such, feel free to talk to me like I'm dumb if it helps :P)

I'm having a couple issues getting everything set up. Primarily right now it's getting audio to work. I installed OS X Using Unibeast, getting 10.11.4 from my Macbook. Everything seems to be working so far. Ethernet installed fine from Multibeast, the NVIDIA web drivers make my GPU work fine, but I haven't had any luck whatsoever with audio.



When I used the universal ALC1150 driver in Multibeast, I could see the audio devices but couldn't hear anything. I've tried using the ALC110 script to fix the native AppleHDA, but even after disabling SIP and running the script again (and restarting) I can't see any audio devices.

The second issue is that iMessage isn't working. I saw the Reddit thread about how to set up the serials and etc. but unless I did it wrong that didn't work. Obviously sound is a bigger issue, but that would be nice to fix too.

Specs: 
  • ASUS Maximus VI Formula 
  • Intel i7-4790k 
  • Samsung 850 Evo 250GB 2x8GB 
  • Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
  • EVGA GTX 970 SSC (web drivers installed, works fine so far) 
  • Corsair AX860. 

Post a Comment