Specs:

  • i5 4670k

  • 10GB DDR3 (2 8s and a 2)

  • Samsung 840 + Kingston SSD

  • GTX 970

So my machine is pretty decent. And obviously I expect performance loss. But basically I'd like to switch OS X full time, and really the only thing stopping me is my (somewhat) league addiction. I have the Nvidia drivers installed, everything works great from what I can tell (no kext panics or anything). But when I run League, even with the graphics fully turned up, it looks worse than it does on my Air on High at 30FPS. I'm talking the character models look poor, image quality is bad, etc. I realize I should be expecting performance loss, but dropping to 60fps compared to the 200+ I get on Windows seems a bit low, considering I have the drivers installed. I know the mac league client is also pretty pathetic, but I'd just like to know if I'm doing something wrong or if this is just a product of a bad client, non-windows nvidia drivers, and the fact that I'm running hackintosh in general.

Does anyone game decently successfully on theirs? I'd really just like to do away with booting into Windows completely besides when I need to use Visual Studio.

submitted by /u/breakingbroken
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment