I'm considering upgrading my current build to get something better than my current i5-3450 CPU. I need some advice on which motherboard to choose; I'm coming up short on options from Gigabyte that are under $250.

My first thought was a GA-X99-UD3P, but I haven't been able to find success stories for it. Does it work OOB with audio?

Any help I can get with this would be very appreciated.

Full planned specs for comparison - planned dual boot Windows 10 and El Capitan: * CPU: i7-5820K * Mobo: ???? * RAM: 32GB of some appropriate DDR4 * GPU: Gigabyte R9 390X 8GB (I know this doesn't work. I plan on injecting nothing for it & disabling it, it's only there for gaming in Windows; if this could be a problem, please LMK so I can adjust the plan) (already have this) * GPU: Gigabyte R9 280 4GB (worked OOB in my Yosemite build) * SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB (Windows) (already have this) * SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB (El Capitan) (already have this) * SSD: Crucial M4 128GB (FAT32 format, contains documents I'll need in both OSes (already have this) * HDD: some random WD 3TB drive for media storage & document archival (already have this)

submitted by /u/MTGS-Annorax
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment