To start, I've started building a Hackintosh inside a gutted PowerMac G3 case. It looks awesome and I feel awesome for building it. However, I've run into a problem.
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-D3H
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K
  • RAM: 16GB Crucial DDR3 RAM
  • Video: XFX Radeon R9 390.
I can't for the life of me get the radeon to work. I've tried nearly everything within my knowledge to get the card running. Most of the time I end up not being able to boot after the card is successfully identified.


Basically if I don't fake the ID to that of an R290, the OS Loads the vBIOS from the card and freezes. Picture of Verbose Freeze.

I've found through research that I need to load a fake video bios but I'm lacking in the skills needed to find all the correct ID's and files. If anyone can shed some light on what I need to do, that'd be awesome!

Also, in the above picture, there's a line that has me concerned.
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c --power management may be incomplete or unsupported
I thought the 4790K was fully supported? [► source]

Post a Comment