Hey all.

a few years back, i did a hackintosh and loved i. but my main os is windows and i upgraded my system to what at the time was not compatible with OSX. times passed and just never dicked around with it. now im getting that urge to dual boot OSX on my current system, but need some help

my computer is as follows:

  • Intel 5820K @4.3ghz
  • Asus X99 Pro Motherboard
  • Corsair vengeance 16GB @2666mhz
  • Evga 980 Ti
  • 2 SDD's + 2 HDD's
  • corsair rm750 PSU
  • all water cooled (custom loop with EK blocks and alphacool rads)

The last time looking things up. i saw that El Capitan does not play with with X99. is that still true? If so this brings me to my next issue. i used to own a macbook and on my app store account, i have mavericks and el captain but for some reason. i dont have Yosemite. I think i downloaded the gold master DMG back when it came out and i never clicked on the download within the app store so it never got linked to my account.

if El Capitan does not work currently with X99. how can i go about getting Yosemite if its not showing up in the app store? I'm using my friends mac. i tried his account and he has the same thing as i do. only mavericks and el captain. is there a wait that i can download the install app from a third party site and just put that file in the applications folder on his mac and use unibeast or would that not work. i know from years back when i did my first hackintosh, that there was a way to modify unibeast to not crash and use a apple DMG file but was fixed in a newer version. i'm assuming that you still cant use the DMG file and must use the apple store install app download to do this?

what are my options on getting Yosemite if i cant get it via the app store?? or am i in luck and can use El Capitan with my rig? also its not a huge deal if wifi, bluetooth does not work. as long as i use my usb 3 ports, audio and my gpu, ill be fine :)

thanks :)

submitted by /u/Valkyrie743
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment