Hey all, tl;dr version of my situation is that my 2008 Macbook died, I bought a Windows machine to replace it and hate it with a passion.


Luckily (maybe) my boyfriend has a nice gaming rig that I believe should be able to be used as a Hackintosh.


I don't want to mess with his Windows installation, so I'm attempting the following:


Using a Niresh Mavericks USB (I can't just use my MAC to download Mavericks since it died) I have 'successfully' installed OSX on an external USB drive (the same drive that was at one point inside my MBP). BUT, it won't boot. Sits on the spinning circle unless I boot from the Niresh USB using -x... but this only goes so far as booting to an all grey screen.


I need your help. I'm not a total noob so here's all the information I have.


MOTHERBOARD: MSI MS-7845


CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz


GRAPHICS: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3.0GB


VERBOSE BOOT (-v): HERE


EDIT: Wanted to throw in that I do believe the bios is set up correctly, but I may be (probably am) wrong.


If anyone could help at all, please let me know. I'm desperate to get this running. I am not good at command line and have no experience with using it to detect issues, so if you do help this would be a great learning experience for me.



submitted by mckblee

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment