I am looking for a budget motherboard and CPU combination to run some software that will only work on 10.6.x or earlier. I would like the hardware to be as modern as possible without breaking the bank. Integrated graphics is a must, but will be a headless server so doesn't need to be anything fancy in the graphics department.

I have been using http://ift.tt/1Mmavt2 as a reference for a motherboard that will work, but am having trouble finding boards still available with the listed chipsets. All of the hardware compatibility lists for 10.6.x I can find seem to deal with very dated hard to find hardware, or new high end boards.

Whilst there are newer hardware compatibility lists they do not mention if 10.6.x will run.

Can anybody recommend a mainboard to start with?

Thanks :)

submitted by /u/I_Want_Specific_Hard
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment