I was on 10.10.5 and luckily I still have my backup on a different hard drive all good and dandy, but I upgraded using this guide regardless.

http://ift.tt/1j79w2x

Once I did all that, I got to the part after I clicked boot Install OS X to finish the El capitan upgrade process. Afterwards it was gone and only my original drive remained. I've tried -x to boot, removed boot flags, etc to get it to boot to no avail. Here are my specs and I will post a -v video as soon as possible.

The problem is that it shows the Apple logo no matter what flags I use and then as soon as the bar loads up, it blacks out and restarts my entire PC.

Yes I am using Clover, as the guide mentions.


  • GA-Z97M-DS3H

  • Gigabyte Windforce GTX 950

  • Core i3 4360

  • PNY Optima 8GB Ram (2x4)

  • 550W PSU ThermalTake


Any questions or troubleshooting things I can check from my backup partition to tweak to get it to work. I only have FakeSMC and my ethernet kexts in the 10.11 folder, and I don't have NULLCpuPowerManagement as I'm not sure If I need it since Haswell power management is already built in for these CPUs to my knowledge... Help?

submitted by /u/UnDeaD_AmP
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment