• GA-Z97x-UD7 Th
  • 4790k
  • G.Skill RAM
  • ADATA SSD

I followed This guide here but it didn't work.

The error I'm getting upon sign in is "An error occurred during activation/authentication" or just not giving me an error at all.

I think it could be to not being able to repair permissions in El Capitan through the usual way. I read somewhere that you can just run First Aid in Disk Utility and it'll do it there. I don't know if that's for sure the problem area.

There's also the part where you enter in 5 "random letters and numbers" in the SMUUID (or whatever) part. I read in the comment section of that linked guide that it has to be in "hex format". I'm not entirely sure what that means.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit I'm going to try repairing permissions from Terminal and see if that does it.

submitted by /u/DrewChrist87
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment