No matter what I seemed to do, I could not get Yosemite/El Capitan on my old desktop (G31M-ES2L, 4GB RAM, GeForce GT220-512M, 500GB SATA HDD).

I tried one last attempt using UniBeast created USB stick with Legacy Boot. I injected NVIDIA and used KernelPM, RTC patch, and AsusAICPM patches, and it all appears to be working, including sleep-wake/pstates.

I cannot get integrated Atheros 8131 working, but have since found kexts to try (ALXEthernet or AtherosL1Cethernet).

I have two Realtek 8169 based cards, including the TP-Link model that supposedly works OOTB :-) so I am covered regardless...

Sound working with Patched Mirone AppleHDA + HDAEnabler5.kext

This was just an experiment, but it may turn into a full-blown project if I can find a use for it...

submitted by /u/themacmeister
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment