Hey all!







So this may be a common question, but I have been struggling for days to get any version of Mac even running as a Virtual Machine, and have gone through three different Virtual Machine software entities, a number of isos and other things, all of which have been attempted from both Ubuntu and Win7. Needless to say, I'm at wit's end, hating the Apple logo, and depressed about my own skill as a programmer!







So the most verbose error I have received prints a









Code:







panic(cpu 0 caller <some pointer>) Kernel trap at <another pointer>



Debugger called <panic>



.....







can't perform kext scan: no kext summary



Kernel version: Darwin Kernel Version 12.2.0



...






There are some more pointers listed after 3-letter acronyms, but the error code itself is simply 0.







This comes from iATKOS ML2, launched from Oracle Virtual Box on my Windows 7 desktop. It carries an Asus Motherboard, AMD Phenom II X6 Processor, 8 gigs of RAM, and modern (as of 2012) graphics and sound cards.







I simply cannot understand what the problem might be. If you would like output from a standard Mountain Lion iso, I'll happily post that as well.







Any ideas on where to look or what the issue might be?







Thank you!











source



source

Post a Comment