First, I've used essentially this guide (though from multiple sources, I think it's essentially the same thing presented differently various places)


http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/07/mountain-lion-virtualbox.html


I have the following:


VirtualBox w/Extensions from TPB w/ Mountain Lion 10.8. OS X 10.8 Install DVD (hacked, I suppose)


Mac OSX (iATKOS) Hackingtosh by KuntalSingh




Now, trying to just do the TPB acquired Mountain Lion - I couldn't even get past the step where I boot with Hackboot 1 + F5. I mean, I could F5 and get the OS X image to show. When I hit enter, it does the boot string and dies @ Boot Args: boot-uuid=C5C44C1B-8575-31A1-BA5E-(some more text) -r


That's when it freezes and goes black.


Now, with the same process but booting over to iAKTOS I was able to install the OS to the point it needed to reboot. Fine. Then boot with Hackboot1 and I can see the Mac installation on the right.


I select it, the boot text starts scrolling them BOOM, die @ Boot Args: boot-uuid=C5C44C1B-8575-31A1-BA5E-etc.


I've tried selecting and de-selecting everything I could on the VirtualBox settings. I've tried a couple different Hackboot1.iso but I don't think that is the issue considering I can get to the point where I load the OS from that initial selection screen.


Finally, I'm really only doing this because I need to troubleshoot some stuff for a petty World of Warcraft fan site and I would like to play with setups in the Mac World since it's different than PC in various ways. (Plus web design troubleshooting from that planet.)


So.... If anyone has any ideas, or any "Hey, grab this, follow this, will be fine." utilities/processes that are different, let me know. I have various sandboxed/virtualPC windows and linux installations / partitions and have never had so much trouble that I would drop into my beloved reddit and beg for help. :D


windows 7 64bit processor . phenom 2 X4 945 video card . radeon hd 6850 8gb ram, about a tb of hdd space available i can figure out any other specs if needed



submitted by Ponderancev2

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment