Hi,



I am running a hackintosh with Niresh distro .At first i had troubles with getting the intel hd4000 video to work and also the hda enabler audio because voodoo was causing kp .But now things are running smooth and every thing is working. :)



Now i am planing to upgrade my gpu to an amd hd7770 . I somewhere read that ML 10.8 support with the amd gpus is not good and require dsdt injection etc,and that the Apple have added drivers for amd 7xxx in Ml 10.8.3.So if i want that gpu ,i need to upgrade to 10.8.3.



What i would like to know is that is it possible for me to upgrade my ml from 10.8 to 10.8.3 by simply downloading the 10.8.3 update from Apples site ? If yes, then what stuff (kexts,apps) i need to backup. Or its not possible to update like that in a distro (specially Niresh's) ?



Any alternatives to upgrading are also welcomed but i want to avoid coding and other complex stuff.



Somebody having prior experience in a case similar to this, please let me know how it is done since i am a noob .







Thanks :)







my specs:



asus p8z68 v le



WD 500 gb



i5 3570k



Intel hd4000



dual boot Niresh ML 10.8 and win 7







(p.s-my english is not good ,so sory if i am unclear.)











source



source

Post a Comment