Yesterday, I got my Hackintosh up and running with Mavericks! I'm very new to this so hopefully this isn't a painfully obvious question. I have 2 SSDs and 2 HDDs because I plan on dual booting Windows and want to have an SSD and an HDD for each OS.


I boot OS X from one of the SSDs (along with some Adobe programs and games) and want to have it look at the HDD for things like music, documents, etc. What's the best way to set up the HDD? Do a 1-partition Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and then just tell programs like iTunes to look there instead of the defaults? I tried that first and it lists the HDD as a device that I can eject.


I've also for the other SSD and HDD which I plan on installing Windows on. Can I hide those drives from OS X? Right now on start up I'm asked if I wan't to format those drives because they cant be read.



submitted by acboenisch

[link] [1 comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment