I'd like to take a class involving iOS development, but I have a problem. I received an old one from my brother. It is indeed quite old, with osx 10.5, core 2 duo, and 2GM of RAM.


I have a couple options




  1. Upgrade the RAM on the old mac. I don't know if adding more RAM will be enough to run mavericks, and I don't know exactly how much it'd cost. I'd only use it for a quarter, so I'm not keen on spending a possibly large amount of money to upgrade (but if it's the best choice then that's fine)




  2. Convert my current laptop into a hackintosh (dual boot). This seems like it'd require a significant amount of time an effort




  3. Run OSX on a VM. Not sure about the tradeoffs between this and hackintosh, but if it works it'd probably be MUCH quicker to get up and running.




Any tips regarding the tradeoffs? Should I just upgrade the Mac? Would the VM solution be satisfactory for a 10 week school project?



submitted by PapsmearAuthority

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment