Hello all and thank you very much for all the help getting my first Hackintosh up and running! Now to get the graphics card working! Sorry for the long thread but I wanted to be as detailed as possible while still being relevant.


My current rig is the following: Gigabyte Z87X-D3H i5 4570 8gb Corsair Ram Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD OSX 10.9 Mavericks Chameleon Bootloader


This build is running smoothly with the integrated graphics, but I am having a lot of trouble getting my graphics card to work without a major error.


I have the XFX HD7870 2GB Edition. I have read as many posts and guides as I possibly can in an attempt to enable support for the radeon 7000 series cards, of which mine is included as far as I can find, but have had no luck in getting it up and running.


Currently I have installed the suggested kexts required to enable the radeon hd7000 series cards including AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext and ATI7000Controller.kext Using KextBeast


My bios settings are as follows in regards to the video card


Internal graphics disabled Main display output PCIslot 1


These have shown no indication of helping as I still cannot boot at all with my video card installed.


I also tried using the internal graphics as means of getting into the operating system, which I can confirm does work, but if I have my monitor plugged into the video card, the sleep trick of putting the computer to sleep and waking it up again does not work. It does sleep and wake up properly but does not have any effect on my video card.


I did see a tutorial on how to do it with a DSDT injection but since my info in my DSDT does not show exactly what his did I didn't want to risk it.


Upon booting with the video card set as the main video device I get this error. Error (Won't boot with video card) XFX HD 7870 (Haswell 4570/Gigabyte Z87X-D3H) Here is a picture of the error I had seen that someone else had gotten this error but could not find a solution.


I searched for boot0 error, and could not find anything in relation to video cards, only hard drives.


If anyone can provide me with some assistance in this matter it would be greatly appreciated.


And if you need more information please let me know what you need and I'll be happy to post it!


Cheers!


,Mike



submitted by bluelardman

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment