I was trying to make a hackintosh laptop for myself and eveything was going fine until I got to the part where I needed to "Use pacifist to extract mach_kernel from “OS X Install ESD/Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg” and copy it to the root of your USB drive (note: this is in the attachment)" Being the dumbass I am, not reading all the directions, and having no idea what to do, I thought that I had to install BaseSystemBinaries.pkg. So I double clicked and installed the BaseSystemBinaries.pkg for Mavericks on my iMac running 10.6, 10.7 or 10.8 (the right escapes me right now). After it finished installing I figured out I was supposed to use a file I didn't download yet so I tried to open chrome but all it did was bounce a few times then stop. Then I tried safari and it did the same thing, so I kept trying different apps but everything showed up on the dock bounced a few times then quit. Then opened the folder that had the Mavericks installation in it and doubled clicked the installer hoping to fix whatever I had done. After it bounced a few times it went away and stayed like it had been for about 5 minutes then the gray background with the spinning circle came up on the screen. I waited for about 10 minutes to see if anything would happen and nothing did so I tried to reboot it, it went normal except it just stayed on the gray screen with the apple and spinning circle. I even tried booting into safe mode but the same thing happened. I don't know what to do or how to fix it, if someone here could help or point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thanks



submitted by campbell85

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment