I don't think this is a Hackintosh specific problem, but I'm figuring someone here might have experienced this problem before.


I set all of my hard drives to spin down after one minute with



sudo pmset disksleep 1

(because telling energy settings to "Spin down disks where possible" seems to do nothing). This works and my hard drives do spin down, but they almost always spin back up again after a minute or so. As far as I'm aware nothing should be triggering them to spin up. I disabled Spotlight on all of those drives, and even unmounted them through Finder. But without fail the drives are just spinning up and down up and down repeatedly. I have OSX installed on an SSD with my home on one of my hard drives. There really should be nothing to make the other drives spin up. It's also not that any specific drive spins up, but they all seem to spin up in sequence.


Comparatively on Linux, if I spin down the drives, they will stay spun down until I do something with them, or open a program that requires to look at them. I have done some Googling on the problem and there seem to be a lot of people complaining about it too, but with no good suggestions on how to fix it. I'm on Mountain Lion, 10.8.5.


Does anyone have some ideas?



submitted by themusicalduck

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment