Hey guys,


So while putting together a Hackintosh I found the i7 six-core in all its glory and I immediately began salivating. Thus, I put a build together for it. It's about $200 over budget (of $2000). I could spend it, but it wasn't in my plans so I'm trying to keep myself fenced in if possible. Here's what I usually do on my computer and what I intend to do as a CS student:




  • Multitask like there is no tomorrow – usually I fill up my 8GB in Mavericks quite easily which kicks in compression




  • Code/program/etc. May need a Windows/Linux VM open for this at times




  • I want to get into gaming (never really had the chance to before) but will probably stick what I can game with on OS X. So I can play Portal, COD, etc. A single monitor for gaming purposes is more than cool.




  • I do some Photoshopping but it's not a big thing for me. Same thing with video editing. It happens but only for a random project or something. But I would like to be able to fire up those programs without feeling like my computer is lagging.




  • Some AI/parallelization/graphics for my CS classes




  • Definitely video conversion (I like to keep everything in MP4 when possible) and audio conversion (FLAC/WAV to ALAC)




  • And I'd like to future proof




Suggestions would be awesome. Reign me in possibly. I really need to keep that second monitor (and was thinking about a third if I could get it in my budget) for workflow purposes.



submitted by everydayIProgram

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment