I'm trying to get my hack going after a few years of real Macs


This system started out as a Customac Mini 2011 http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/09/building-sandy-bridge-customac-customac.html


It has a Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3, and at the time I was using a Radeon 6870, running (I believe) 10.6


I later pulled the hard drive and video card and put them into a mid-2012 Mac Pro. It booted straight into the OS and I never reinstalled, though I did install the "6870 package" here in order to sort out some stability issues with the video card http://www.cindori.org/ati-radeon-6870-package/ . Since then I've gone through the upgrades to get to Mavericks.


Now I've plugged that same drive back into the original system, but with a few upgrades


I copied the system partition to a new SSD, installed the OS over it with Unibeast just to make sure it's set up properly, flashed the board to the latest BIOS, and used Multibeast to install the appropriate DSDT and Chimera. It seems to work pretty well, getting full resolution in the integrated Intel 4000 graphics.


Then I put in a Gigabyte 7970 OC ( GV-R797OC-3GD ), and put the Unibeast version of Chimera on the EFI partition so that it would boot with only the card enabled.


It boots into the OS nicely, with the onboard graphics completely disabled. However, I get no QE / CI. Cinebech, Resolume and any games crash, VLC complains, flash doesn't work.


The card is recognized as a 7xxx and does run at full resolution


Now I'm not sure where to start. I've seen guides on modified Kexts, the Rampart guide, people using Clover instead of Chameleon/Chimera, but i don't know which apply to me. Some of those are for 10.8.3 and seem to be useless now that the device id is in the official files. People suggesting Clover seem to be trying to do the same thing as I already accomplished by moving Chimera to the EFI partition.


So far I've tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and a handful of framebuffers. They cause the system to boot to a black screen. I've tapped the power button when this happens so I don't think it's the sleep issue. Anything that gives me a picture on HDMI/DVI doesn't have QE.


I need to have either DVI or HDMI AND both mini displayports working, with QE. I opted to go for the 7970 over an NVidia card because I really want both displayports (I use active mdp adapters for shows). Can I force this to work? Or am I wasting my time and should I drop back down to a 6870?


Appreciate any advice, thanks



submitted by preacherk

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment