Hey guys!


After reading here for some weeks (and months on other pages) I plan on building a hackintosh and I want to collect a few opinions on my plan. The community here just seems pretty fast, helpful and friendly, I really enjoy the time I spend here. I'll show you the list first, explanation comes afterwards.


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks













































































TypeItemPrice
CPU Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $189.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Scythe SCMG-4000 79.0 CFM CPU Cooler $49.46 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $101.39 @ Mwave
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $283.60 @ SuperBiiz
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $57.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card $229.20 @ Newegg
Case Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case $54.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Thermaltake Smart 530W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply $72.96 @ OutletPC
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer $21.97 @ OutletPC
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.$1141.53
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-06 12:48 EDT-0400

What I'm looking for is a setup so that I can continue using Mac for my audio-purposes (Logic, everything's running on a MBP right now) and having Windows for gaming (as usual ;)). It's not that I record 40 tracks together, just home recording. Same goes for gaming - no hardcore stuff here, I just want to be able to play some recent games without stuttering or hardware-related lags. Besides hardware with a certain quality, I don't want to spend too much money. What I configured here is about what I want to spend.


I already have the SSD which I want to use for Mac, the HDD is for Windows (and maybe for storage, I'm not quite sure yet). As I don't plan to overclock I chose the i5-4570 with the H87-D3H but I'm not sure yet if I maybe get the z87-HD3 instead to keep the option to overclock later on (if I upgrade the CPU), the price isn't really different. The power supply is going to be a Thermaltake with a similar power to it, just a special edition from Germany (called Thermaltake Hamburg). The GPU is going to be a 2 Gb GTX 760 but I'm not set on MSI, just wanted to include it in the list.


As stated before: SSD vor Mac (Mavericks), HDD for Windows (not sure if 7 or 8). Although I read some articles about installing Mac completely by yourself/vanilla, I think I'm going to use Unibeast. Doesn't seem to be much worse and for me as a beginner I feel a little bit more safe. For the installation I'm going to follow this guide. http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/03/dual-boot-mac-os-x-and-windows-with.html Also I will have a look at the tonymac guide at the same time to compare and double check.


So please, tell me your opinion or concerns and ask, if you have any questions! Thanks for reading!



submitted by KaiiSt

[link] [1 comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment