I finally completed a hackintosh install and everything is working pretty well so far! However, I'm partially deaf and it seems the onboard audio under OS X isn't loud enough for me.


I've been using a cheap Rosewill headset that gets very loud for the last few years, although I just tossed my second pair after the left ear went out (same thing happened to the first pair). That headset is USB powered though, so I suspect it also gets more power to drive it's speakers because of that, right? So that leaves me with USB sound cards and USB powered headsets I guess.


Would something like the Creative Sound Blaster Omni be a viable option for me? I've been eyeing it lately and it would open the possibility for me to use regular 3.5mm headphones with it as well.



submitted by onegaynerd

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment