Let me start by explaining what I mean by limbo:


If I let my system boot normally, I get this screen: http://i.imgur.com/2JWGOib.jpg


If I then select either of those, it hangs, forever loading, at this screen: http://i.imgur.com/Yy2GbG7.jpg


If I set my Hackintosh drive or my USB stick as the boot drive (from BIOS settings) and let my computer boot, it hangs on this screen: http://i.imgur.com/L4QxxWM.jpg


If I interrupt booting (by pressing F12) and select my USB stick as the boot drive, I get to Chameleon (yay!): http://i.imgur.com/Tb5XiBJ.jpg


From there, if I choose USB, it goes to the screen that tells me to reboot, but if I choose my Hackintosh drive, it finally loads into Mavericks, but my MultiBeast settings don't seem to take (e.g. I have no sound). My webcam, network, etc. all work though, so that's a plus.


Now, here's how I got to this point:


I was having some issues in my old Mavericks install (e.g. for one thing, the computer no longer recognized my webcam, which I need for Skype calls for work.) Anyway, after trying anything and everything to fix this and a few other issues, I decided I would just reinstall my hack from scratch, as it had been working fine until about a week ago.


I started off by trying someone else's suggestion and attempting to install Clover. That was a massive failure, and I had problem after problem trying to get it to work properly, and eventually gave up.


Then I went ahead and set up a Mavericks install on a USB with Unibeast/Multibeast, and everything went through fine, and I even used the option to restore files and applications from my Time Machine backup. Once that was all done, I was back in business, except that I had all the same problems as before, and then some (i.e. now the network adapter wasn't even working before or after Multibeast.)


So I decided to start over again. This time, I did a fresh Mavericks install, didn't attempt to restore my backup, just went completely clean. That went through fine, I loaded into Mavericks, and ran MultiBeast. So far, so good.


After running MultiBeast, I restarted the computer, and am now in the state I described at the beginning of this post (except after multiple tries, I was never able to get back into Mavericks.)


So I decided fine, I know everything used to work with Mountain Lion, so I installed ML with Unibeast on the USB stick, but I wasn't able to boot from the stick. However, I am now at my current state, where I can boot by disrupting the regular sequence using F12, choosing my USB stick, then choosing my Mavericks partition from the bootloader. And as I mentioned before, I have no sound, but everything else seems to be working fine. If I take out the USB stick and try to boot normally, I don't get the bootloader, and I can't boot into Mavericks.


One last tidbit of information -- "Clover OS X Boot" is still showing up as one of my boot options: http://i.imgur.com/qZKIAKQ.jpg



submitted by ihaveascreenname

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment