So after my computer crashed due to a rogue windows update, I decided to hackintosh OS X Mavericks on my PC instead of running the abomination that is Windows 8. Everything seems to be working fine. I didn't have a mac laying around before so I was unable to use tonymacx86's hackintosh guide but I was able to find a prebuilt Mavericks iso online and get everything running via a combination of that iso and tonymac's multibeast program.


I seem to have just fine performance with my games but one thing that annoys me with my dual monitor set up is that my steam games (Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2) black out the second monitor when played fullscreen. I'd prefer not to run them in window due to the title bar obscuring part of the screen and the fact that i lose the cursor sometimes.


Is there anyway to adjust the settings so that the second monitor isn't blacked out?


Secondly I have a mouse that doesn't have official mouse drivers so I can't adjust the mouse 4 and 5 buttons with that, also USB overdrive does nothing for it either. Does anyone have any ideas? I guess i can get used to using right click for back and forward but would appreciate it if I didn't have too.


Is there anything else I should do with a new hackintosh that I haven't yet? Thanks for the help guys!



submitted by TORFdot0

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment