The Build: 1. Asus Z97-E 2. Intel Pentium G 3258 3. EVGA 960 SC 4. 8GB ram - EVGA 2400Mhz 5. Plextor 128GB SSD

I understand that there is an issue using this CPU on the latest versions of OSX. That much I can work around, I think.

I built a USB install drive with Unibeast and Yosemite. I tested this on my previous build to ensure it works (Gigabyte H61m/Celeron/8GB/Nvidia 550Ti). From my understanding, this install should have been largely identical - with the differences coming in after the install.

Problem is, I cannot get it to boot. When booting, I enter the Clover options, and give it the new CPUID to use when booting. Specifically, I am using the Ivy Bridge ID: 0x306a0. I have disabled all power management options in the UEFI, and set Clover to generate p states, with C states disabled. I still end up with a kernel panic when loading AppleCPUPowerManagement.

I have tried several variations on boot including -f -v -x flags, with and without the graphics enabler, with different CPU IDs. I am at a loss as to how to get this thing to boot.

Hope you guys can shed some light on how to get this working. Thanks.

submitted by /u/waldojim42
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment