Specs:


- Intel Core i7 2.8Ghz - 16GB Ram - 120GB Crucial CT120M500SSD3 M500 mSATA 6gb/s - 1TB HDD - Internal Intel 4600 graphics - Nvidia GTX 860M (2GB)
  1. First I tried downloading "OS X Yosemite 10.10 (14A389) bootable USB for Intel PCs" and it loads clover, but cannot get past the apple screen.

  2. Then I downloaded a virtualbox image for yosemite and then downloaded el capitan from the app store and tried using unibeast with that - still no luck.

  3. Then I downloaded a dmg file of yosemite zone and used transmac to burn the image, and that didn't even get to clover, just kept going straight to windows.

However, when I use the bootable yosemite USB, I get the message about Bluetooth Controller Transport, and then it ends with:


Still waiting for root

The things I've tried:


- Probably all boot flags said in forums etc - USB in different ports - Different USB sticks - Changing the SATA mode to AHCI - Disabling Intel Speedstep and Fast Boot - Disabling Legacy USB support - Disabling XHCI & EHCI Hand-off - Disabling USB Mass Storage Driver Support

When I'm not in verbose mode, the progress bar gets to about halfway and then says "still waiting for root", and usually shows a no entry sign.

submitted by /u/Iamnotindanger
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment