I'm not new to PC building, but I am new to Hackintosh building. I've always wanted to make a Hackintosh as I prefer OS X as my daily driver, so here I am.

I just had a few questions about building one before I started.

  1. I'm getting the impression that the only (well, maybe not only, but main) components I need to worry about compatibility for are the CPU, GPU, and Motherboard. Is that right?
  2. How well does OS X run on traditional 7200 RPM HDDs? I've read that OS X tends to not perform very well anymore on HDDs.
  3. I also read in the past that iCloud services are wonky (e.g., iMessage, FaceTime). Are there actual fixes that make them work properly, or do they remain unreliable?
  4. I've been warned that Apple can/may drop support for certain components/drivers in the future. How often does this actually happen, and is it a genuine worry when choosing parts?

Thanks in advance, y'all!

submitted by /u/Interdimension
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment