Hey there, folks!

A couple months ago, I built a swell new rig and decided to install 10.10 on it once I noticed that the hardware was sufficiently compatible. I had to hunt down a patched AppleHDA.kext for the less common audio codec and grab Nvidia's web driver, but all went well aside from that. Unfortunately after a couple of weeks running with no issues, it started to fail to boot a few times every once in a while. Verbose doesn't seem to indicate any panics, and the system just restarts if the issue hits without any hang. I've been looking for some answers for a while, but this is either a more uncommon issue or my Google Fu has failed me.

Here's my specs (including the case on the off chance the front panel headers are dicking things up or something): ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX Mobo i5-4460 3.2GHz Asus Turbo GTX 970 4GB G.Skill NS 2 x 4GB DDR3-1600 Corsair 200R case

I'm at least somewhat familiar with the fine art of Hackintosh (I've perviously installed Yosemite on a hybrid graphics Haswell laptop because I apparently hate myself), so I have managed to dig up a bit of info. The system reboots after "DSMOS has arrived" and the network is up, which says to me that it could potentially be the graphics driver or power management misbehaving (though if I recall correctly the latter would ordinarily cause a panic and throw some kind of error rather than reboot immediately).

I will gladly provide any additional information needed, though I might need to get creative with grabbing images of verbose boot output since the system reboots without any hang. I greatly appreciate any assistance.

submitted by /u/Sasquench
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment