After careful consideration, I've decided to go the Hackintosh route. Unfortunately, this means that I'll have to restart my build completely. I originally had a build that looked something like this:

Xeon E3-1321v3

16GB DDR3 RAM

mATX B85 mobo (to OC the Xeon)

Cooler Master N200

120GB SSD, 1TB HDD

500W PSU

Optical Drive

Obviously, the CPU and mobo aren't OS X (or macOS now) compatible. Now, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post build help requests here, but I need some help creating a $550 build. I'll be ordering my parts within a week (in the US).

I'll need a PCIE internet card and maybe an optical drive (I already have an external one). Otherwise, I'm really lost (between things like i5-6400 vs 6500 vs 6600 vs 660K vs i3-6100, what SSD to purchase, etc.)

Also, I want to dual boot with Ubuntu, so I'll need help dual-booting and installing both OSes on an SSD.

Anyways, thanks for the help in advance, and sorry if this type of post isn't allowed here.

submitted by /u/9fiftyfive_
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment