Hi everyone,

The past few weeks I learned a lot about building a PC and I am really excited to start my own first build ever. I immediately want this build to be a dual-boot Windows Hackintosh machine (gaming on Windows, Adobe on OSX). Now I did some research on parts that are compatible with Hackintosh, and I can't decide on which GPU to get. I am really hesitating between these two cards:

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW+ GAMING ACX 2.0+

MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Gaming

I know the R9 390 isn't supported, but I found a threat on tonymac from a guy who got it working perfectly, so that's not the issue.

I read a lot on Google and YouTube about these cards, and the things that got me worried are these:

The R9 390 is pretty big, gets hot and has high power consumption. Also NVIDIA drivers have better support for more games (maybe the drivers are updated by now?).

While the GTX is smaller and cooler, it only has 3.5 GB of VRAM (they advertise 4.0), and the R9 390 has 8.0GB of VRAM.

I couldn't find any comparison video's between these two cards, only the base model of the GTX 970, and that already stacks up quite well against the R9 390.

What woud you guys recommend me? The EVGA GTX 970, or the R9 390? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/freechickennuggets
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment