Hello fellow hackintoshers! I am the noobiest of noobs when it comes to this! /u/corpnewt has been helping me through the process and he's probably been the nicest human I've ever met on the internet, I appreciate his help immensely.

Here is my build: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard Intel Core i7 4790K 16GB 1600 Mhz RAM EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC (Reference PCB and Cooler) 128GB m.SATA SSD (This is where OS X El Capitan is installed) 850 Watt Corsair RM850i power supply. Broadcom BCM94360CD Wi-Fi / Bluetooth card: See here: http://ift.tt/28U6gGL

And the PCI-e adapter for it. See here: http://ift.tt/28UQFDr

We were able to get the system stable... for the most part.

For whatever reason, I cannot get Wi-Fi to work, the system doesn't even see Bluetooth. I have reason to believe that it isn't hardware related because I have a 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD with Windows 10 on it in this system as well, I installed the drivers and both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are working flawlessly.

OS X El Capitan recognizes the hardware, and it appears to be loading the kext, but when I click "turn Wi-Fi on" the GUI acknowledges that I clicked the button, but the system doesn't turn Wi-Fi on. I have tried installing the card in EVERY available PCI-e lane on my computer, it didn't seem to have an impact.

In addition, while I was going through the installation process (Like... the setting up your Mac part) It was actually picking up my Wi-Fi networks in the house. It was only after the system finished the installations that the Wi-Fi started misbehaving.

I have already bothered /u/corpnewt enough with this problem lol. I figured I'd start bugging you guys now. :p

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

submitted by /u/Charblee
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment