Hey all!

I'm a long-time mac user who recently switched back to PC because of economic reasons. I actually got my start with Macs after hackintoshing my old HP Pavillion laptop in 2007, and now that I'm back to the PC side I'd like to do so again so that I can keep being even a partial Mac user. My new laptop is an AMD-equipped HP Pavillion dv7 (the Beats Audio edition) from 2012 and I was hoping for some help in knowing what to expect and what problems may arise as I embark on this project. I know that most custom hackintosh versions of OS X have custom AMD drivers and support, but if my memory serves me, my old Hack worked ALMOST flawlessly...except for wifi, which didn't work. I had to buy a USB dongle at that time. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't expect this to be a flawless install, but I would super appreciate input from all of you guys on challenges to expect and workarounds. If I need a dongle again that's okay with me, for example, I just want to plan this all out.

I mean...you can take the mac away from the mac user, but you can't take the mac out of the mac user ;) :p :D

submitted by /u/Merdy1337
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment