Hello r/Hacktinosh,


I’ve been toiling away at installing OSX on my windows HTPC. I really thought I was beginning to understand the process. I’d been lurking on tonymacs for some time attempting to decipher everything. I posted a question there and a classic troll shamed me out of attempting to get help there. So I’m turning to Reddit hoping not be harangued into feeling like an imbecile.


I have an Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 with an i7 2600k, EVGA 560ti a SanDisk SSD (running win 7) and a Seagate 500 GB 7200 rpm for OSX.


At first I tried using the newest Multibeast with various boot flags etc but I couldn’t even get to the OSX installation screen.


I know the Asus boards are tricky because of UEFI and people have been using patched BIOS because of power management issues.


I was hoping I didn’t need to fux with the BIOS patch for obvious mobo bricking. I switched to using a Niresh Distro of 10.8.5 and it actually got me fully through OSX installation! I was really excited but of course it wasn’t going to be that easy. It didn’t suxxesfully install the boot loader first of all so now I need to use the DVD to even get the OSX install going.


Basically it stalls at the spinning wheel so I booted into verbose mode (having used some of the other flags. The attached screen shot is where it got me. I guess I’m wondering if first of all someone can help me decipher where it’s hanging, what my next steps should be to decipher I would be very appreciative! Alternately if people have had success with this board I'd love to hear about your BIOS settings and whether you needed to do the whole modded firmware thing.


Thanks



submitted by OblivionCat

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment