So, my Mavericks crashed on me last night and I have been unable to boot back up into it. I run a dual boot Intel i7 4770k, gigabyte motherboard computer. I have one SSD dedicated to Mavericks OS, and the other SSD dedicated to Windows 8. I also have an HDD I use for storage that is shared with both.


Now I have been running this setup for about a month without any problems, I even have the sleep function working in Mavericks. A couple nights ago I restarted my comp to switch over to the windows OS, but when my computer booted up it no longer gave me the option to boot into Mavericks. I've restarted a bunch of times and every time I get to the Chimera (It came with Multi-beast) boot screen to choose the OS, Mavericks is no longer present. I tried disconnecting both my Windows 8 SSD and HDD, and this brought back the option to boot into Mavericks. However, when I booted into Mavericks I got to the white screen with the Apple logo for about a second or two before my computer restarted on it's own. I tried this about 10 times and had the same result each time. No idea what happened to my Mavericks, I haven't updated it to my knowledge, but it just seemed to stop working out of the blue.


I've since reconnected my Windows 8 SSD and my Storage HDD, and windows runs just fine.


Now if any of you have experienced this before and know a solution please do share. Otherwise I am going to use a second option.


I bought HFS+ for Windows which allows me to read and write on my Mavericks drive while using Windows 8. I haven't backed up my Mavericks drive yet, and was wondering if this was possible to do from Windows 8? I save all my documents to dropbox, so I don't really have to worry about losing those. I do want to keep the programs I have previously installed on my Mavericks drive before doing a clean re-install of the OS. I just don't quite know how, or what I would be backing up to allow me to do that. If anyone would be able to give me some pointers of how to salvage my programs so I don't have to redownload them all, that would be great.


Thanks in advance for all your help. Have a nice day :)



submitted by bateserade

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment