I'm really happy with my Hackintosh so far, but one thing that really annoys me is the inability to get AirPlay mirroring to work!


So far i've followed these two guides:


http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280097-how-to-get-airplay-to-work-with-discrete-graphics/


and


http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/09/how-to-enable-airplay-mirroring-on.html


I've followed all the steps in both, and still no joy. Even before setting iGPU to first option/tweaking the RAM, I had Airplay working with audio from iTunes (still does), but I can't for the life of me get the mirroring working. The icon appears in the top bar, I can connect to the Apple TV and there's a flicker on my TV screen, but it wont play audio or video. It also won't let me set mirror desktop, only extend. I don't mind using AirParrot, but it's just a bit of a resource hog.


My hardware looks like:



  • Gigabyte Z-87N-WIFI

  • Intel 45670K

  • Asus GTX 760

  • Corsair 1600 2x4GB

  • Corsair 430w CMX PSU

  • M4 Crucial 128GB SSD

  • Fractal Node 304 Case

  • System definition: iMac 14,2


Everything other than this is working as it should - any suggestions?



submitted by ridethehorsey

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment