Credits mainly go to gygabyte666 for creating this useful tutorial and creating the mach_kernel to help me boot UniBeast.



So I'm installing this laptop for a friend, my support will be limited.



What you need to know:

-This system has a locked MSR 0xE2, If you are a previous hackint0sh user this means AICPUPM.kext patch is useless, read more about it here

-While using gygabyte's kernel, you may need to boot with -f for everything until you patch your kernel in a newer version of OS X.





Suggested Install:



-8GB USB Installer created using Unibeast 3.0.1 using 10.9.0 Mavericks (nothing newer)

-Replace mach_kernel on USB with gygabyte's patched XCPM free kernel (only compatible with 10.9.0)

-boot with -f

-if that doesn't work, boot with -f -x -v (and if you can't get in, send me a screenshot of your panic)

-Please just use this method for installation, upon updating to 10.9.2, you will need to patch your kernel using this patch by RehabMan (this guy is awesome)



Notes:



Please read all the links I'm posting!!! Honestly, I don't own this laptop and this is mainly a reference for people who have never tried hackint0shing or someone looking for a starter kit for this particular laptop, many features can still be improved, I'm just posting this cause no one has for this laptop yet! [GO TO DOWNLOAD]

Post a Comment