I just built my very first computer yesterday and I bought the parts that I thought were the best within my budget, but also compatible for hackintosh according to the sidebar. This is the build (be gentle):


http://pcpartpicker.com/user/shadowhitokiri/saved/3VlG


I installed windows 8 onto the SSD and it is running fine. I would like to create a partition on the SSD and install the hackintosh on that partition. Assuming all goes well, the two operating systems should be on the SSD and the HD should contain the rest of the typical files. My main question is how I should do this? I searched partition in the search bar but there's techy stuff there I don't understand.


Secondly, if this works, would I have to download the programs I want to use twice for each operating system? So if I were to use VLC, for example, would I download one for the Mac OS and one for the Windows OS and keep them both on the same SSD?


Finally, which of the two OS would the computer open as the default? I know when I created a partition for windows on my macbook pro (ages ago), I had to press a key on the keyboard upon startup and then two harddrive icons would show and I could opt to sign in to either one. Can I make it so that it logs in as the Mac OS by default?


Thank you all so much for your help!



submitted by shadowhitokiri

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment