So I have a laptop (Asus K53E) with a Mavericks install running. It works almost perfectly, but there's two big issues.




  1. Sound. I can't for the life of me figure out which sound card is in this machine and I don't want to take apart the damn thing again. Is there an easy way to figure out which kext to install in multibeast? If it helps, windows calls it a "Realtek High Definition Audio" but I can't seem to find a specific model anywhere.




  2. Wireless. I have a feeling this one is hopeless though. It's got an Atheros AR9485 wireless adapter, but I can't find a mention of this guy anywhere, even to say 'Doesn't work'. It might as well be made up for all the info I find. If this one isn't possible and I should get a usb wifi device, that's okay too.




Also sometimes the screen gets garbled when I close the laptop, but I can live with that. The other two are a little more critical.


One other question - It's got an i5-2450m, and it seems to run okay, but I see something in multibeast about an i5 performance upgrade? Is that important/useful?


I know this sub isn't too big, so I'll be happy with any help I can get.



submitted by helix75

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment