GA-X79-UP5-WiFi, i7-3930k, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM, GeForce GTX 680, various drives


Have had a stable install of 10.8.3 for about a year now. Everything works flawlessly.


Trying to install 10.9.2, following tonymacx86's guide, on a new Samsung SSD.


Using various combinations of boot flags, I get to:



Starting Darwin x86_64 Boot agrs: Boot- [series of numbers and letters] rd*uuld [and whatever boot flags I've tried this time]

Seems like every time, as long as I start with a recommended combination of boot flags, I get to that same spot, Starting Darwin. If I use no flags, or some other weird combo, it reboots immediately.


I'm using the stock Unibeast 3.0.1 installer. Everything is properly formatted. Brand new drive. Clean download of Mavericks from Apple.


Should I disconnect the other internal SATA drives, except for the new Samsung SSD? Could they be mucking anything up?


I'm considering doing a clean install of 10.8.3, then trying a combo update to 10.9.2, then patching kexts. Anyone think that's worth the trouble? Or is there something else I could try to actually at least get to the installer?



submitted by demiankz

[link] [comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment