So I'm thinking of making a Hackintosh to dual boot OS X and Windows. OS X for pretty much everything, Windows for gaming. I play graphically intensive games like GTA V, Fallout 4, Arma 3, Payday 2, Cities Skylines, etc. I need a system that can run those games ideally at high-max settings @ 1080p60fps as well as AE and Premiere Pro. But in my past experience, any system that can handle my games can pretty easily handle AE and Premiere Pro, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I have picked out some parts using tonymacx86's February 2016 parts guide, and I think I have something pretty close to what I need. The only things driving me off is the price and the amount of problems I have read people have with it. I have read that people have had to set up their entire systems all over again because of a graphics driver update or an update to OS X. Do most Hackintoshers have those issues? If I have to set up my system all over again when I update my BIOS, I'm not too keen on this whole thing after all, lmao. Also, will I be able to overclock this system while running OS X, or should I just get a non-K processor?

I would like some help lowering the price by at least a hundred dollars while maintaining a similar level of performance. Thanks! :) (SSD was not included in this build since I already own one)

Oh yeah, and I'm Canadian so the prices suck.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

TypeItemPrice
CPUIntel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor$325.98 @ DirectCanada
CPU CoolerCorsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler$72.98 @ NCIX
MotherboardMSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard$195.00 @ Canada Computers
MemoryCrucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory$104.50 @ Vuugo
StorageSeagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive$91.15 @ Vuugo
Video CardEVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card$481.00 @ Vuugo
CaseNZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case$94.98 @ Newegg Canada
Power SupplyCorsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply$99.98 @ NCIX
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total$1465.57
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-19 18:52 EST-0500
submitted by /u/-Canonical-
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment