Hello /r/Hackintosh,

I just wanted to let you all know that if you plan on installing 10.11 El Capitan, you may have to download the latest installer app v.1.7.41. All previous El Capitan installer apps from the App Store are failing, stating that there is a problem with the installer and cannot be verified.

I don't know how much this will affect /r/hackintosh since you guys tend to use different methods to install the OS, but I thought it was worth sharing in case you guys get any weird installation errors.

The other thing worth noting about the latest installer app is that it will go straight to 10.11.3 and includes the most recent security updates. So after the install there are no other Apple updates available.

Again, I don't know how much this affects the methods you guys install OS X but I wanted to just get it out there. I work on Macs for a living and had to redownload the installer so I could upgrade someone's iMac after I tried all the other installer apps that have worked successfully in the past (kind of a bummer for me since I have slow copper DSL).

All the best,

/u/Takeabyte

submitted by /u/Takeabyte
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment