Trying to install hackintosh, el capitan. Specs of pc: intel 4770k, asrock fatal1ty killer z87, gigabyte windforce gtx770, 8gb kingston ram, 2hdd and one ssd. One, big hdd is for data, ssd is for windows and the last, small hdd is meant to be mac drive. In the future, it is to be replaced with ssd.
I already got el capitan installed on the machine. I created el capitan usb installer with createinstallmedia tool, added clover for capitan from insanelymac forum and it worked fine. Everything booted up without any problems, just worked. Now the os is fully installed and I want to get this same clover to the drive with el capitan. I tried with both clover from insanelymac and the stardard version. Both of them installed just fine, with no errors, but I cannot boot into them. The only way I can boot into osx now is with clover on usb el capitan installer. I tried various things, replugging the drives, changing swapping their order, leaving only el capitan hdd plugged, rest unplugged. None of those methods made the uefi recognise clover partition on the el capitan drive and let me boot from it. When I go to system preferences in osx, booted from clover from usb installer, it shows, that clover is installed just fine, I can tweak some options. Has any of you ever encountered such situation? Do you have any idea on what could I try?

submitted by /u/Fulaphex
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment