Hey,

Apologies in advance for my noobiness. I'm trying to install El Capitan on my new Skylake system but I can't even get to the installer.

Unibeast works successfully on my Macbook, and creates a bootable stick. I replaced the config.plist (with the modification in the tonymacx86 Skylake Starter Guide) and the USBInjectAll.kext in the 10.11 folder. I'm also using the boot flag nv_disable=1 for my EVGA GTX 970. When it comes up and I hit Boot Mac OS X on the machine, it goes to a black screen with a white apple logo. A progress bar eventually appears and then it gets stuck.

When I use verbose mode, it shows it gets stuck on: "PXSX cannot assert wake from D3cold". Even in safe-mode it gets stuck. What the heck does this mean and how can I get past it? I tried looking at other threads with the same problem, but they only applied to booting after installation, not getting to the installer itself.

Halp? Thanks in advance!

System:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170MX Gaming 5

Processor: Intel i7-6700K

RAM: 32GB Crucial DDR4

SSD: Samsung EVO 750 250GB

Graphics: EVGA GTX 970

submitted by /u/goobsplz
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment