Hello everyone.

I have recently bought a new SSD and upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan at the same time. I used to run Yosemite and Win 8.1 in dual boot. After upgrading to El Cap I can't boot windows (located on a separate SSD), not from the drive itself (selecting Windows SSD as boot drive), not from clover on current drive, not from an old clover I used to boot Yosemite from (I had to boot from USB). I keep getting this message:


error: no such device: f25d887e-blablabla Entering rescue mode... grub rescue> _

Drive itself is fine, I can see folders and files on windows drive using NTSF utility.

What can I do? I like OS X but sometimes I need to use windows, and some programs only run on windows etc. How should I proceed? Can I salvage the drive or do I have to make a fresh windows installation? How do I do that if I only have OS X running on my PC?

Thank you for your answers.

submitted by /u/mind_gap
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment